1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

p90x

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by proudpittsburgher, Jan 13, 2010.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Yeah, Mike and Mike always tout it. Come on. Golic is stuffing pizza in his face in hot sauce commercials, and he still looks the same: fat. Greenberg is still tiny too.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just for a change of pace, along with work commitments. Also has to do with Northeast weather. Winter months better for the full deal.

The full 55 minute deal can become a grind after a while. I usually go 3-4 months between cycles

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Gotcha. I thought they may have suggested doing half the workout for a certain number of days after each 90-day cycle.

I really gotta get back on Insanity regularly. I hit it a couple times in the last two weeks, but my trip to Cleveland got in the way. Vacation coming up in a few months....

4. Boom_70

I find the P90 program to be a very good travel workout. I always stay at hotels that have gym with weights and carry printout of whatever workouts I need to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My 300-pound Afghanistan roommate left about a third of himself there by using P90X and running. He started six months into the deployment.

6. Boom_70

One thing that is very important to the success of P 90X is following the diet. One won't work without the other. Equal in importance.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Also, subscribe to the beachbody.com newsletter....tons a great training tips, eating advice, medical info...good stuff.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I just spent the past 2 years competing against Beachbody and I know first hand Tony Horton's routines work great.

But you really have to invest a ton of time into it. There are no shortcuts, but it's worth the price.

...speaking of price, here's a hint: Order it, pay for it on installments, and call them up with 2 installments remaining and tell them you can't pay any more because your financial situation has changed, and Beachbody will drop the final 2 payments.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

bodyrock.tv if you want similar workouts for free. Plus the instructor is smoking hot.

10. Boom_70

You sound like a candidate to cut and paste links for NYT articles into Google so you can get them for free. :)

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

An hour a day, 6 days a week. Anyone serious about getting in shape can do that.

But it does get repetitious after 12 weeks. Ready for Tony to release some new material to substitute.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Sledgehammer.

Draft saved Draft deleted