1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Overheard from press row

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flip Wilson, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I was covering one of the Big Monday games this week, and an ESPN photographer got the student section sitting behind the media riled up for a shot. As he was walking off, a student yells after him, "Thank you, Mr. TV. Guy." Then to a friend beside him, he says, "We are so getting laid tonight."

I'm not sure how 10 seconds of TV time was going to get him laid, but I thought it was funny.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Maybe they were going to lay each other.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I hadn't thought about that.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Several years ago, I was on the sideline of a football game with Jill Arrington, who was sipping from a 20 ounce soda bottle. She finished it and tossed it in the garbage.

A student leaned over, and told me he would give me $20 if I got the bottle for him.

I politely declined.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Growing up as a kid I always loved "crazy college guy on TV." Once I got to college I realized they were social pariahs.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

$30 offer to me would have done it.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not going to lie. I thought about it for about a second.

8. I think "swapping spit" has a rather different meaning.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Translation:

We are so gonna try and get laid tonight. We'll take our self proclaimed newfound celebrity to the most overcrowded local hangout and try to parlay that with the women.

First, we'll work it on the hot women that are so out of our league and see if we can strike magic there. After we're rejected (and quickly) by that crowd, we'll have a few more beers and a shot or two and re-group on the notch lower girls. A few more drinks, some brief conversation, and the same result.

Then, we'll really get our drunk on with several more beer and shots, firmly place on the beer goggles and try to interest anything, relatively human, that moves that has a vagina. At this point, we'll be so wasted that we're sure to say something to screw up our chances even with the chick who is only slightly better looking than the ex-marine janitor for our dorm hall.

Then, we'll go home and jack off.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

FAME (for males) = Getting Laid

Back in the '90s my buddy's roommate won the SF Comedy Contest. He admitted in his act that he was one ugly dude, which I did not disagree with.

One night, caught his act with my buddy and he said let's go say hi on the side of the stage after the act. Walking up and the comedian is swarmed by women with that fawning look. They were around 5-10 deep around him. At that point, I realized what a little fame will do for your social life.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I thought sex was illegal at the school you cover.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

So you've had this experience Capt?

Draft saved Draft deleted