1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outstanding story on Bruce Jenner

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by clintrichardson, May 22, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Kardashian, Inc., employs several hundred people in LA, some of whom are my friends so far be it for me to criticize them...and by all accounts, Kris really is a crackerjack businesswoman, and, frankly, lots of people say Kim is a too.

As for Bruce...Jones was pretty much just giving us a snapshot of Bruce's life now in this moment in time, vs. that moment in time represented by the photo on the wall. But it would be great to delve deeper in a diffferent profile into the whole plastic surgery thing. Is it true that Bruce wanted a sex change? Is it indicative of his wanting to just be someone else after the Olympic heroism went away? What made him such a bad dad to Brody and the original Jenner clans?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A sex change?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Kris does appear to be a good business woman, but she seems to put business success ahead of the best interests of her kids. For her, it's always about business and promotion.

Kim just comes across as dumb. They had some event at Sears corporate offices to talk to fire up their employees about the Kardashian clothing line, sold exclusively at Sears.

Kim was terrified to even open her mouth. Some people are uncomfortable with public speaking and such, but when your whole business is licensing your name, and doing promotions, you'd think you'd be able to do that.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah ... umm, WHAT!?!

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Seriously? NONE of you had heard that?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No.

Is that why he got so much work done on his face?

7. imjustagirl

That's what started the rumor. That his face became very plastic and feminine looking.

Whether that's the genesis or not, no one knows. But it was definitely out there.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I worked in the same newsroom as a high-level female track athlete. She said the people in the track community absolutely thought he was preparing for a sex change.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's always been there but I think it's more prevalent now. Either way I do prefer stories that do not have a tinge of promotion to them

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

FWIW, the Jones story is pretty dang good for that family.

11. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

If SportsJournalists.com threads continue to go the way of this one, I'll be outta here, too. Unbelievable but then, very believable. Sadly.

12. imjustagirl

A.) Who are you, again?

B.) What "way" is this one going?

Draft saved Draft deleted