1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outing 2009 - now taking applications

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Atlantic City would be enough to vote Philly, especially if we're knocking Boston out of the equation due to ticket availability.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Park Place is nice, and you can stroll through Marvin Gardens. Stay away from Baltic Avenue, though -- bad neighborhood.

3. If anyone wants to step forward and co-host Miami, I'd be willing. I'm close, but my knowledge of the city ain't that great.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the rent there is cheaper than almost anywhere else.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

A gathering of mostly-print journalists in 2009? We're staying in the one house on Mediterranean Ave. for sure.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Marvin Gardens isn't actually in Atlantic City. It's really Marven Gardens, and it's in Margate, two towns south on Absecon Island.
    I love Philly and AC. I grew up in South Jersey, but I live a pretty far from there.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I thought this was Marvin Gardens.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I agree. I really would try to host, but I don't know enough, nor live close enough, to any of the cities to feel I would be a quality host. I will put this out here... if anyone does host, I will put my hat in the ring to assist: Looking for hotels, airport stuff, transportation, stuff like that.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The bids are in, thanks to all for playing. Details of the 2009 outing will be announced at the conclusion of the 2008 outing - only a month away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.