1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Lady of Sorrows is a Madrass?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, May 11, 2012.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-school-wont-play-ballgame-against-team-girl-033001880--mlb.html

I guess these boys will never get to second base.

Since when is Our Lady of Sorrows an Islamic school?

Who needs Shira law?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If you're going to be an internet bigot, you should at least get the word right.

Do you mean Madrasah?

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ever see fat a woman wearing madrass shorts? Man, you talking about ugly. I think shira law definitely prohibits that!

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"MA-DRASS! OH MA-DRASS!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Since Arizona allows private schools to play in its public association and this was separate from it, there'll be a lot of light but no heat. At least, no heat by Arizona standards.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

^^^Wins the Internet today. Hat tip!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

A really good recap of this situation on the Title IX Blog (which I do not write, I promise):

http://title-ix.blogspot.com/2012/05/private-school-forfeits-championship-to.html

Basically, both schools in question are private, and unless they receive federal funds (say, for a lunch program or a science lab), they are exempt from the Equal Protection Clause.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm sure the Catholic school's forfeit will help its fundraising drive to finish the church.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

We already knew the Catholic Church was exempt from the Equal Protection Clause, the priests, all male, only bless the mouthes and asses of boys, not girls. And except for the area covering the beard, nuns are virtually indistinguishable from full-on burka Muslim women.

10. So not only do we have guilt-by-association bigots on this thread, we have people who are too stupid to read. The school is part of the SSPX, which has no recognition in the Catholic Church and was formed as a splinter group in the 1980s. It rejects the universally accepted form of Sunday mass, rejected Church teachings, etc.

You can call yourselves journalists, but you're too damn stupid to actually think critically.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Actually, 'yab calls himself a lawyer, not a journalist.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Franklin Lincoln calls himself a guy who couldn't get a job in Farmington.

Draft saved Draft deleted