1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

our favorite ny times writer's....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shockey, Jan 29, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

latest nfl cooking tips. have at it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/30/sports/football/30bears.html?ref=sports

2. Does he have a recipe for shank of lamb?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, I think we've found our new poster/writer unnatural obsession.

4. What's so bad about that story? I know she just wrote another cooking story, but I'd much rather read this story than some empty Super Bowl X-and-O bullshit column off a press conference. The thing is, I'll bet Robbie Gould's podium at Super Bowl press day will be ringed with reporters looking for the same story because it's something "different."

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Anything remotely new during Super Bowl week is an idea to be praised, not derided. It's a nice feature story on a kicker. It's pretty easy to tell a lot of people on this board have never covered a major sports event.

6. And this thread will now not end well.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hell I thought it was a pretty good feature on someone who could play a big role this Sunday. Nothing cliched about this one at all.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This was a nice story under the circumstances. But it demonstrates the silliness of the event's mind-boggling hype. If newspapers were really looking to cut costs, they would cut their Super Bowl contingents by about two-thirds.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I thought it was an interesting and well-written feature.

10. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It just isn't late January to me unless every writer at the Super Bowl isn't just writing the same thing as everyone else that week, but the same thing that's been written for the past 40 Januarys. Reading this, I feel a sense of loss. Where are my canned quotes? Where? I guess I need to read everyone else to find out all the stop-the-presses news from Super Hype Week.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

i stand corrected. takes a big man to admit when he's whiffed, and i like to think of myself as a big man.

my apologies to karen and her many admirers. this time. upon further review, my bad.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I liked it.

Draft saved Draft deleted