1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Italian_Stallion, Apr 30, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

A step slow.

Carlos Gomez got the joke, laughed, then had a sandwich.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

There was a shitpot of humor in that post, Zeke.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Paging Chef...

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My hometown is filled with a bunch of obnoxious investment bankers and hedge fund managers that have recently had their comeuppance with the unravelling of the economy. For example I know a few guys who work for Bear Stearns who used to have about 5 to 6 mil in stock that is now worth $300,000. On our main st a lot of boutique type stores are closing because muffy no longer has the extra funds to shop local. Phase 2 will be barron lands filled with empty castles.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm guessin Boom's hometown is a helluva lot closer to Connecticut than the midwest.

Italian's description of his hometown could double for the one I grew up in---A very nice thriving community in the 70s and 80s that was utterly devastated by some plant closings in the 90s--it's depressing as hell to see what's happened to the place.

I know it's worked out well for many, but NAFTA and its ilk have had an effect tantamount to a declaration of of economic warfare on the blue collar towns in my neck of the country. Like a very slow acting bomb.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

NAFTA is a double whammy. If it was so good for Mexico, why is half of Guadalajara headed here to take what jobs are left?

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I was gonna post "with these hands, with these hands"

Then I saw your post, tb.

right on.

Draft saved Draft deleted