1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ouch! Dude got what he deserved.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Woman ... underage boys ...

2. I didn't realize saying the law is the law was defending someone.
    You're making the same type of argument we so often hear from your side about Guantanamo -- don't be a terrorist and we won't lock you up there.

3. Ok. Yeah, I should have been a little quicker on the uptake there.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Chick didn't kill him.
    She didn't cut off anything.
    She didn't do any permanent damage.

I say, let her slide.

If we arrested every half-cocked, estrogen-overloaded person who went around grabbing people's balls, Michael Jackson would be serving a life sentence right now.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Excellent point, but it sounds like she was full-cocked.

6. Remember that if some chick ever grabs you by the balls (and not in a nice way), whether you deserve it or not.
    The guy should get what he deserves from the legal system, not from an enraged girlfriend. That's why we have a legal system, to mete out justice and to protect us from each other.

7. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Plus, that guy's balls were probably already sore after banging two chicks. Be considerate and give him a few minutes to gather himself.

8. :)

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like the cop made a good judgment call. Seems like he rightfully figured it'd be a waste of time and money to haul her in.
    Even if you take the woman to the pokey and charge her, what good will it do? Is any jury (assuming it went that far) going to convict her? Most judges would probably throw the charges out if there's any reason to do so.
    I just can't wait to see this on Cops.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It isn't the cops place to met out justice, but she's eight months pregnant.

She gets arrested, can't make bail and ends up lobbing hillbilly spawn onto the jail house floor. The county ends up picking up the tab. And the chances of a conviction are even less.

11. SigR

SigR Member

If anything, the woman should be charged with battery. I'd say that would be meddlesome given the circumstances, so the cop probably had it right to show restraint.

If the sex among the 15/17/22 year olds was all consensual, then the government needs to step off. The only real issue up for debate in this thread is age of consent. Most 15 year olds can rationally consent to sex. In my mind, age of consent isn't an actual integer age. It's when any given individual has the capacity to reason on their own and make choices without regard for the input of others. Most people reach that point around age 13.

The guy may be scummy, but he doesn't deserve to go to prison or to be put on a sex offender registry. A 15 year old in most cases is a young woman.

Edit: Removed "Everyone in this thread has it wrong so far." My persecution/crusader complex is getting to me. I went back and realized that nobody was even talking about age of consent. I got all worked up for nothing.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Refill the popcorn.

Draft saved Draft deleted