1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OT: Celebrities you think who may be actual, down-to-earth, good people

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 22, 2007.

1. I agree on Vaughn and the Wilsons, feel like Stiller would be nice too.

From personal experience, I've spent some time around Denzel Washington, Kevin Pollack, Sheryl Crow and Morgan Freeman. All were unbelievably nice, especially Washington and Freeman.

My encounter with Freeman is my favorite celebrity meeting ever. Just a tremendous, classy guy (at least from the five minutes I spoke with him).

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm just speaking from experience. I had no problem with them at all.

3. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Repeating myself, but spelling the name correctly this time: I know a young guy (mid-20's) in a fairly inconsequential job who had occasion to meet many of the players at the All Star Game in SF. He said that Johan Santana was a very good guy who treated him straight across. Santana's on my good guy list until he proves the kid wrong.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah, I never heard of that guy ...

So do you but I'd still buy you a beer. :D:D:D

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

HEY THEY ARE!!!!!

Shit. said too much again.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

fwiw, a friend of mine was aniston's english teacher at laguardia high in manhattan. she's not a big fan. :eek: :eek: :eek:

i suppose she could have come down to earth since high school, though.

a couple from me: jon bon jovi, jackson browne, adam sandler.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Wright is good peoples, as is Yogi.

As for non-sports celebs, even though he's from Bahston, I'll throw a vote to Damon, Matt.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Heard he won't do print interviews since the brutal reviews for his first few flicks. If that's still true, he loses major points with me.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I knew you'd come through once I posted that.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The people I know who have dealt with him - not a lot but more than a couple - say he defines prick.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

He was also in that Cronenberg flick "A History of Violence" and is starring in Cronenberg's new one "Eastern Promises" (with Naomi Watts) that will premier at the Toronto Film Festival next month.

HC will attest to John Travolta's good guyness.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

i know a mother and son who approached sandler at an outdoor cafe in manhattan a couple of years ago. they were thrilled by what a regular guy he was. so, who really knows? ??? ??? ???

Draft saved Draft deleted