1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oscar winners leaked

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 20, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

EW's Oscar preview survey has Adams with only 6% of the vote. Although they do call it the most wide open race.

Nate Silver calls the race for Taraji P. Henson. EW gives her a 9% chance. She's 4/1 on my site.

Slate.com, in anti-Silver pose (ironic as Slate is the anti-everything site, and Silver is anti-conventional wisdom), says it will be Penelope Cruz.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Cruz is the favorite.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Even more ironic -- the anti-site goes anti on the anti-guy to pick the favorite.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Anne Hathaway was supposed to win Best Actress if you believed the leaked Golden Globes results. Turned out not to be true, of course.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd still be shocked if the Stuffy Establishment gave the Oscar to Rourke.

Though if it comes down to him vs. Penn, who has already won a Best Actor Oscar and is playing a gay dude in this one, I imagine the S.E. would go for Rourke.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My issue with Rourke is that he was essentially playing himself. He was great at it, but why wouldn't he be?

Penn should walk away with it, but the fact that he's already won once won't help him and neither will Rourke's amazing comeback story.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The time to pound Slummaire was when you could put down 11 to clear 8, two months ago.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I disagree Rourke played himself. He had to bulk up considerably to play the part and found layers in the character few could have otherwise. I found his performance to be far more moving and absorbing, regardless of its ease.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm in a very competitive Oscar pool, and am woefully underprepared this year. Maybe I'll just submit this list and hope it turns out to be legit.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

http://nymag.com/movies/features/54335/

Go with what this guy says.

Draft saved Draft deleted