1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Osama says we should convert to Islam

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Sep 8, 2007.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070908/ap_on_re_mi_ea/bin_laden_video

He says there were two solutions to stopping the Iraq war. "One is from our side, and it is to escalate the fighting and killing against you. This is our duty, and our brothers are carrying it out," bin Laden said.

"The second solution is from your side. ... I invite you to embrace Islam," he said.

One result of that, bin Laden said, would be an end to the Iraq war. He said "warmongering owners of the major corporations" would rush to appease voters who showed they are looking for an alternative, "and this alternative is Islam."

He derided Bush, saying events in Iraq have gotten "out of control" and the American leader "is like the one who plows and sows the sea: He harvests nothing but failure."

Bin Laden frequently criticized capitalism, calling its leaders the real terrorists and threats to human freedom.

"This is why I tell you: as you liberated yourselves before from the slavery of monks, kings and feudalism, you should liberate yourselves from the deception, shackles and attrition of the capitalist system," he said.

2. Awhile back I read something stating that many Muslims weren't on board with Bin Laden over the 9.11.01 attacks because apparently you're supposed to offer the enemy a chance to convert to Islam before attacking them. With that in mind...is this an omen of bad things to come? Or is this proof that there's some sort of Republican conspiracy afoot involving Bin Laden issuing threats during election season?

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Definitely proof of that. Definitely.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

What up, Dude?

You still heading to Chi-town?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If anyone should have put up a Mission Accomplished sign, its Osama. He's helped turn this country into a turd bowl and even scored a "For Men Only" gig alongside Keith Hernandez and Clyde Frazier.

6. I'm telling you. He should have come out with his tax plan first.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

hey, if he wants it, I'm there...

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Conspiracy theorists are tying that into the "Air Force loses track of six nukes" story. The theory is radiation sensors in San Francisco began going off, scrambling the feds into a major search. To cover their tracks, the Air Force story was planted.

I don't believe it. But I like tracking these theories.

9. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I converted this afternoon. So when the LNG tanker blows up in Boston Harbor, I'll be safely ensconced in my Islamic force field. Awfully nice of Osama to give us a chance to change our ways.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

All Muslims want you to convert to Islam.

It's what they do.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fixed.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Brother, may I share this pamphlet with you? Salvation only takes a moment, but it lasts for an eternity.

Draft saved Draft deleted