1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O's fire Perlozzo, hire MacPhail to run team; Girardi turns down managing job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Eventually we all have to know that that situation would leave everyone pissed.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

No kidding. Cal has got to be the oldest-looking 47-yr-old on Earth. He looked 47 at 27. Now he looks older than spnited!!! :D :D :D <---------fucking dickhead!!!

As for Girardi (awesome segue), him in Baltimore would have been the biggest disaster since, umm, well, Girardi in Florida. He's a miserable prick who cannot work with others. So go work for Peter Angelos? Brilliant!

Would have liked to hear the Baltimore media after a week with him too. Didn't the O's writers find Lee Mazzilli too distant? Wait til they got a load of Girardi.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

True on Girardi, Dickhead. Which is why I can't wait to see him take over the Yankees next year and implode before June under the constant scrutiny.. especially with media vultures who have been soothed by Torre's benevolent Godfather act for 12 years.

Oh, and Cal looks a lot worse at 47 than I do at 57...but I'm a young 57

4. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

Trembley doing a hell of a job.

He also just delivered a great line about today's umpiring during one of those cheesy in-game interviews: "The hardest six outs to get in baseball are the final three outs in Yankee Stadium."

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Well Macphail is playing hardball with the Orioles 1st round draft choice, a Boreass client. If he can't close the deal, it won't matter who the manager is as long as angelos owns the team.

Draft saved Draft deleted