1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orlando

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Two situations in Orlando of a completely different type.

Saw on the wire yesterday that Lynn Hoppes has been promoted to associate ME/Sports (I think that's the title), which I guess is the position Van McKenzie held. Story said he also did a daily radio show? Wow. That's a lot of hours, because managing a department that size takes some time. Again, on the wire. No pipeline involved.

The other situation is very disturbing to me on a variety of levels. The Moddy Pipeline delivered a lot of reports yesterday about Steve Elling and his ouster from the staff there. I'll post some of it later when I get more time and talk to some more people but if the reports I'm getting are true - and I firmly believe they are - this is a very interesting situation. Don't know Steve so I don't have a dog in the hunt. Those I do know who know him don't have a bad word to say.

So that's the good news/bad news report from Orlando.

2. boots

boots New Member

I'll back up with what Moddy says. I've heard two different stories but I kind of question the people who told me. The boots pipeline doesn't flow on rumors.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

That is disturbing as hell.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What: The Elling situation or that the Boots pipeline and Moddy pipeline agree?

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I've always admired on some level the Hoppes smirk to Trib Tower "I don't have enough to do around here" with that radio show.

As if the situation in Orlando, with one pro team to cover, never a Super Bowl, World Series, BCS title game or Final Four to host, not a competing newspaper to pay attention to, and loads of copy imported from the Sun-Sentinel, doesn't sort of whisper that without even accounting for a radio show in the mix.

Hoppes is a genius on many levels.

Congratulations, Lou.

6. Montezuma's Revenge

Who the hell is Lou?

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

the driver! [/leagueoftheirown]

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

y Arriba y arriba
    y arriba y arriba por ti seré
    Por ti seré
    Por ti seré

The Lou-tenant drops a clue....

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

gratuitous bump

10. Montezuma's Revenge

Why, so we can get to the bottom of the Lou thing?

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No, so he can postpad

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

You guys... especially rubes such as yourself, are dense and humorless.

Moron.

Draft saved Draft deleted