1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orioles fans vs. Kevin Millar

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Oct 23, 2007.

?

Should Kevin Millar have thrown out the first pitch for the Red Sox?

1. Definitely yes.

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Definitely no.

23 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Who cares?

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No one wants to shell out $160 for four lower box tickets at Camden Yards to root for guys who won't return or won't respect that commitment.

Buckner won't even come back east.

2. Trot Nixon would still have been a good choice, then. They could have saved on transportation costs.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Personally I find the fact Millar crossed a picket line during the 1994-95 work stoppage more offensive. But in the long run, neither that nor him throwing out the first pitch for another team is a big deal.

He was with Boston in 2004. Sounds like they're trying to recapture the spirit with him and a couple other players, no big whoop.

Settle down, O's fans. You've got more pressing issues to deal with than that. :)

4. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

The players are in the game for business. It's a way for them to get rich and set themselves up for life. It quit being about love for the game when that opportunity arose.

I'm not saying what Millar did was right. I wouldn't have done it. Still, it kills me to see people complaining that he's not "loyal" enough to the Orioles and all that jazz.

And Lee, if someone who paid that money to watch a 93-loss team quit going to games because Millar tossed out a pitch in Boston, they need to realize which is the bigger deal. It's OK to spoon feed the organization, which obviously doesn't give a damn enough to win more than 69 games, just as long as one of the players doesn't throw out a pitch in another ballpark. Right on!

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I have no problem with that. I told someone when I first saw his ass on the mound that this is an unspoken part of why the Orioles have become such a horseshit organization.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How would bringing in trot nixon be any better? Didn't the sox just eliminate his team? If i was nixon, i'd view that as a slap in the face.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Joke

Your head

8. KP

KP Active Member

At least the Red Sox asked the Orioles permission to have him do it, aware of the potential shitstorm that would get stirred up.

Cabrera could throw out the first pitch to Epstein's wife; Foulke to one of the former ball girls.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I feel so bad for laughing at that.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Evil, evil bastard.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This is bringing out the best and darkest of SportsJournalists.com. ;)

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not as bad as I felt typing it, but type it I did...

Draft saved Draft deleted