1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oregonian hires outsider to examine relationship with Blazers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Frylock

Frylock Member

It's only a "bullseye" because the Blazers are the only game in town.

2. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Yeah, all those things you mentioned matter today. They don't know him for that anymore.

In Portland, he most certainly does need the Blazers for his ID. And I read him regularly.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

from many, many miles away, on-line i assume.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and it's canzano's choice to call the blazers on what he learns about them as well.

5. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I need to hold the newsprint in my fingers to "get him."

6. awriter

awriter Active Member

Of course, he needs the Blazers for his ID? What does that mean? Is his mug emblazoned in that pinwheel logo or something? Are you saying he couldn't find a job in another market, even though he has worked in other markets?

7. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. Thanks for reading.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no, you need to know the mindset of the community to "get him" ... which, BTW, is a large part of why he's such a damned good columnist (most of the time).

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so now you're rereading your work, reposting it and confirming that's what you actually said? bomber, i hope you're also not trying to bite your own face.

10. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Man, you told me.

Draft saved Draft deleted