1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oregon St. pitcher recovering after hit and run

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hustle, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

If OSU baseball matters to anyone...

Pitcher Rob Summers a victim of hit and run outside his apartment. Was paralyzed for a time, but is slowly regaining feeling in his lower extremeties. Last update I got was that he does have slight movement in his legs, which is apparently a good sign.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1154139951112890.xml&coll=7

Full disclosure: The kid is my wife's cousin.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

Hey, Hustle, I just saw the thread title and didn't read your post before posting my attempt at humor. My apologies, and the post has been deleted. Hope he's OK and I wish him luck and a speedy recovery.

Again, sorry for being insensitive.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So what's the word on the accident Hustle? Story makes it seem like there may not have been a hit and run.

4. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Joe...no worries, it's all good.

Ace: I read the story to mean that there wasn't enough evidence to justify a further investigation. From what I know, he was walking out to his car, talking on his phone and the next thing he knew he was on the ground.

From what I know, there was definitely a hit and run. But it was pretty late at night, so there probably weren't a lot of witnesses etc. Something bad clearly happened, though.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Glad he's doing better.

Saying there was no evidence a crime was committed seems kind of harsh. If you have a guy who says he was hit by a car and the car is long gone, seems like that's enough evidence that there likely was a hit-and-run. Maybe not enough evidence to catch anytone, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted