1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oprah for President

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Babe Didrikson, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Some retired school teacher thinks Oprah could do a better job than G.W. as president.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20060923/115906842000.html

My name is Richie Cunningham, and this is my wife, Oprah.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

If we're nominating people we think could do a better job than GWB, I nominate:

[​IMG]

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Oprah is a horrible person with a Ego bigger than her waist size.

4. What makes her "horrible"?

5. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I don't know, maybe how fake she is and how she ruins peoples lives by spewing out nothing but radical b.s. She is an elitist who wouldn't give anyone the time of day with out a camera near by. The terms "elitist" and "elitism" are used per the following definitions:

Cambridge Dictionary of American English: elitist - adjective = Characteristic of the elite, and esp. not caring about the interests or values of ordinary people.
    elitism
    Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary: elitism - noun = When things are organized for the benefit of a few people with special interests or abilities.

American Heritage Dictionary: elitism = The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
    The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

These terms are NOT meant to describe those who simply pursue their sport in the manner they see fit, so long as they do not try to impose THEIR desires or values on OTHERS.

6. Trouser_Buddah

"Come on, you gotta be kidding meeee. Oprah's HOOORRRRRIBBBBBLLLE!!"

[​IMG]

7. 5A

5A New Member

That made me laugh.

8. "The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
    The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class."

Wow, you just defined the Bush family. Good job!

Anyway, how would you have any idea if Oprah is fake or not? And ruining peoples' lives? I've certainly not heard about that....

I'm beginning to wonder if you are a real journalist. Certainly you were taught in school that you cannot simply make a statement without having a fact behind it. Tell me, what source or sources did you use to determine that Oprah "ruins peoples lives by spewing out nothing but radical b.s."

9. Harry Doyle must be drunk again.
    It seems Monty's taken over the broadcast.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I am woman, hear me roar
    In numbers too big to ignore
    And I know too much to go back an' pretend
    'cause I've heard it all before
    And I've been down there on the floor
    No one's ever gonna keep me down again

11. Trouser_Buddah

Ugh. Oprah and Helen Reddy in the same thread? :-X

[​IMG]

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Does anyone else find it incredibly ironic that this guy has just copied and pasted from a dictionary?

Even more ironic: A GWB defender providing us with the multiple definitions of elitist.

Draft saved Draft deleted