1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oppressed workers cry out for justice!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Alternate accepted spelling, fuckbrain.

FG percentages, and scoring, are up, so apparently the players are learning how to shoot the ice cube.

The game wouldn't have to be stopped every 10 minutes if the angry negroes, weenie furriners, and cockamamie cracker white boys would shut the fuck up and play basketball.

2. Meanwhile, the dopestick referees go on and on, believing the game is about them, and the NBA backs them up so the gated-community crows can feel comfortable about going to the game.
    The rule is stupid and stupidly applied.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

New slogan for the NBA Players Association: We're better than the NFLPA.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

They may have a point with the basketball, but as for the zero tolerance policy... shut the fuck up and play. The NBA has been going downhill for the last several years thanks to the attitudes of the players and the decline of the game itself, and this might be what stops the decline and starts the game on an upward path again. As it is (and it's just me) I prefer the college game and could care less about the pros.

Now, refs... if you could just learn to call TRAVELING...

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You're right, I'd rather watch the players bitching and moaning and whining instead of playing. Stupid refs telling the players to just play the game within the rules.

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

[​IMG]

This man supports a fellow union.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I could really care less about the NBA. But like others have said, just shut up and play.

Although what really amuses me is the bitching about the ball. They act like the NBA decreed that all games will be played with $5 Voit rubber basketballs, the kind that skyrocket 15 feet above the rim when the shot is long. Seriously, what can be so bad about a ball???

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Written by a guy who probably never has a had pickup game ruined by incessant bitching and moaning.

9. Starman

I'll tell you what. In the callow days of my youth, I used to play pickup ball around town and at the local university. Schoolyard players, high school players, college players, whoever showed up. Almost every game, of course, one or two loudmouth yappers would start running their mouths, turning the game into a complete fucking aggravation for everybody.

Usually, about midafternoon, He would show up. Every basketball fan would come to know His name, as He ended up being one of the 10 greatest players ever to play the game. He became world-famous for being expressive, emotional, etc etc on the court, but you know what He told the yappers? "Shut the fuck up and play."

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah! You tell 'em, Mark Eaton!

11. Starman

Uh, no. :D :D ::) ::)

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted