1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opening Scene - Studio 60 (Wow!)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Sep 4, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

anything sorkin, i'm there. add peet and whitford to the mix, oh, baby!!! 8) 8) 8)

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Early Chicago Hope was outstanding. Then they lost their 2 best characters - Geiger & the buscuit, had to give Arkin & his annoying ex-wife a bigger role, I hated the Lahti character & all of the young, self-righteous do-gooders brought on down the stretch did nothing to resuscitate it. By the end, Hector Elizando was the only character worth watching.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Exactly. I like Chicago Hope until for (what seemed) about the fifth consecutive week, they'd had yet another cast rotation. I got lost and said screw it.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I loved Chicago Hope. It reminded me a lot of Picket Fences.

Neither are on reruns anywhere. :mad:

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wow. A couple of things. I really liked that.

And I grew up with Michael Stuhlbarg, who I had no idea was in this show. He's been on Broadway for years. Was nominated for an Emmy a few years ago.

I'm definitely watching this show. What channel will it be on?

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

NBC 10 p.m. Mondays

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That was damn good.

I'll add it to my Tivo as soon as it shows up on the listing. That's the only beef I have with Tivo. There are three shows I want to add for the upcoming season, and I can't add them until they start showing up in the listings.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Showed up on mine and I set it to record the series.
    Mine's the DVR from Comcast though, so I'm sure it is different.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I told my wife I saw this clip and now she has taken to making fun of me for being too excited about this show. I can't help it. I'm down to one show on television I won't miss (Battlestar Gallactica) and I miss The West Wing already.

Besides, this is one she might actually watch with me. She never liked West Wing.

How I ended up marrying a woman who doesn't like baseball or The West Wing is beyond me.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Picket Fences was incredible.

On my all-time TV top 10.

Wish it were on DVD, though.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Of the news shows coming out, the ones I'm the most excited about are Studio 60, Shark and Smith...

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Shark and Smith?

Did Greg Norman take over the sports magazine?

Draft saved Draft deleted