1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opening in West Virginia

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Methodtomymadness, Jun 21, 2007.

1. WSKY

WSKY Member

I'm just glad they defined "paginate"

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Does this job make one in Martinsville or Roswell look attractive?

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Can't say for Roswell, and I can't say for the people at this paper, but at least at M'Ville you get two Nextel Cup races a year and are an hour or less away from decent cities (Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Roanoke). I'd be willing to bet that you'd get more at M'Ville than here.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

You'd think so huh?

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Martinsville probably pays better, and the track is in town ... but crazy management will have you looking either voluntarily or involuntarily in short time. Can't speak for Roswell beyond the horror stories I've read about on the board.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Martinsville pays the same or maybe a bit better. That's a fact. You're right that they have the track, but at one time they used the AP race story and made their writers write sidebars. And they wonder why they're looking for new sports guys every six months.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

What a great day -- I honestly am better off than whatever poor sap gets this job! I'M NOT ON THE BOTTOM RUNG!!!!!!!!!!

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Sure, the salary may be a little bit low, but I hear they also pay per tooth.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Awesome, a West Virginia joke! How fresh and original! Fucking prick.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

One of my good friends is from West Virginia, but he is now on trial for grand larceny. He jokes about the state all the time. He shows his hand with the middle finger up and points to the tip of it to say thats where he's from. Martinsville I believe.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Martinsville is in Virginia. And I don't fucking care who your friends are.

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Martinsburg it was. On the thumb of my description actually. Are you from WV, Doc?

Draft saved Draft deleted