1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Open Season on LeBatard

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, Jul 31, 2006.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

OK, I know ripping DLB is useless, tired, and cliched. But let me get this straight: He defends Ricky Williams, among other malcontents, to nearly no end, but chooses to rip Danica Patrick on PTI because her temper tantrum was so childish that it didn't involve trying to punch someone or calling people out on camera.

Right.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought LeBatard season didn't start till November.

Has he been eating your crops?

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

You know, I built that fence, I thought I had it all sealed up, but the little shit found a weak spot out in the southeast corner. Time to bring in the concertina.

4. Farbecker

Farbecker Active Member

Can we just start a sticky "Bash writer who appears on TV" thread?

Every time Whitlock, LeBatard and any other print guy appears somewhere on ESPN, someone starts a thread ripping them. Who gives a shit? I don't know Whitlock, LeBatard or most of the other nationally-known writers, nor do I really give a shit what they have to say during a 30-second bit on a particular subject.

All these threads do is make the rest of us look jealous or petty about the fact that we're not on there yelling our opinions to a national audience that enjoys Berman's "back, back, back."

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wabbit Season! Duck Season!

LeBatard Season?

[​IMG]

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Far, I agree that it gets out of hand sometimes, but I thought it warranted mentioning. You could always just move along.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She didn't let him go A-T-M.

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

My favorite thing about this thread so far (aside from the fact that there's actually a reasonable point to the ripping) is that it wasn't the south corner. It wasn't the east corner.

It was the southeast corner, dammit!

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

}jaw drops in astonishment{

Wow. I am truly in awe of your creative genius.

You have my heartfelt congratulations, sir.

:D

(Can I have one for my home-office wall?)

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

just be glad you don't live in miami like i do. we get to hear him for three hours a day five days a week. i only tune in when i'm driving around during that time and only because he gets great guests, but he's brutal on the radio.

when the NBA finals were here a friend of mine who is a european sports writer was in town to cover the games. this friend of mine, after having seen le batard on tv the previous week and read his columns pointed out how aptly named he is. funny.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I had a small moment of enjoyment last week, happened to be watching ESPN and I knew PTI was about to come on.

I usually enjoy it when the first string, Kornheiser and Wilbon, are on. On this occasion, Whitlock came on first and introduced himself. I thought "Well, OK, it's Whitlock; I can probably handle that. Maybe it's Wilbon with him."

Then, guess who shows up on the screen? That right, LeBatard, and, I kid you not, he actually says "I'm Dan LeBatard, and please, please, don't change the channel."

A split second later, ZAP! God, it felt so good.

12. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

i dont read the guy ever or often, and maybe that has something to do with it, but i actually enjoyed him on PTI last week. not as many laughs at TK, but still, funny, self-depricating stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted