1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Open Mic Night ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, May 3, 2007.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I did this once -- and honestly, I killed.

There was a weekly open mic night for comedy near me. My buddy kept saying he wanted to try. Three weeks in a row we went, and each time he wimped out. So the third time, I went up there.

I had a routine in mind, but I hadn't practiced it out loud or told him or my girlfriend that I was going to do it.

They were shocked.

It was right before St. Patrick's Day, and most of my routine had to do with that. People were coming up afterwards congratulating me.

It was really great fun. If you can come up with something good, I'd recommend it. I haven't done it since. The place near me dropped it. But if somewhere else did it, I might at least go back annually to break out my St. Patrick's Day routine.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Tell everyone sign along if you know the words. There once was a man from Nantucket. Whose ...

3. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

I just blew a snot at the small print.

4. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Last summer, I did stand-up 9-10 times at open mic nights, including once in NYC at the Comic Strip Live. Biggest adrenaline rush ever, and the crowd was receptive, so no tanking on this end. Didn't want to make a career of it or anything, just wanted to try it to say I did it.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

when the show is over you can have sex with Kelly for $100

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Seeing some of the names on this thread gave me a good laugh.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'd probably sing Led Zeppelin's "Rock And Roll" ala Stevie Nicks complete with tambourine.

That's kind of my safety song when I do karaoke.

Draft saved Draft deleted