1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ooooh ... it happened in NEW YORK ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shotglass, Jan 7, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You got the Mets, the Knicks and the Rangers... ah hell, the Yankees, Nets and the twin chockers -- Jest and Gi-ass...
    Hell, even when I was in Michigan -- I can say you win ;) In fact. please, Have it all. I wouldn't want you to share any of that with me... :D

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Back 14 hours later, I'm still trying to figure out why news alerts, whatever the subject matter, are a problem.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Wait a minute! Someone just farted in the Bowery!

URGENT URGENT URGENT .....

4. Gold

Gold Active Member

After failing in Game Three for the Yankees two years in a row, getting Randy Johnson out of New York is an Urgent matter.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's why, SF.

I understand your point. I'm just not about to agree with it. If the URGENT tag is misused, it loses its meaning.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

SF, i assume one problem people have with it is the boy who cried wolf problem. it devalues the really important stuff when the lesser stuff gets news alert treatment.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And Wolf would be cried if the Mets signed Randy Wolf.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Ding ding. Like co-workers who overuse the red envelope, high priority e-mail function, it loses its value.

Draft saved Draft deleted