1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only thing sadder than Carlin's death is...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Jun 25, 2008.

1. vicd

vicd Active Member

Gilbert's "Jaws/Napkin" bit is gold. I saw him in '87 and he told a story about taking Molly Ringwald on a date. She did not have a body, just a head. So they went bowling and she "Squeeled with Gleeeeeeee" every time he threw her head down the lane.
    I saw Don Rickles last March in Vegas. I don't care if he's been doing the same set for 30 years, I have not laughed that hard in many years.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Norton is one of the best working... Norm McDonald is freaking hilarious in concert.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I watched the Comedians of Comedy Central late last night, a two-hour filmed concert with all their favorites.

Brian Posehn was the best to me. I think the fact that I related to his character on "Just Shoot Me" has something to do with it.

I've liked Maria Bamford every time I've seen her.

Patton Oswalt would be a hoot live; I don't know if his stuff translates as well on TV.

I'll tell you who I've given every opportunity to, and I just don't like: Sarah Silverman. Hated her TV show; hate her standup. She's a one-trick pony. She plays sweet girl who tries to shock you by being as gross as possible. And it wears really thin, really quickly. I can still remember how lost she was in her few months on SNL when she couldn't do all her cheap shit.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

If I found Dennis Leary ever on tour again, I'd buy tickets in a heartbeat. I can't get enough of listening/watching Leary's comedy. Hilarious.

5. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Couldn't agree more. The only funny thing I think I've ever seen her do was the "I'm Fucking Matt Damon" bit on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Draft saved Draft deleted