1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only in the SEC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not to diminish what this knucklehead did, but what else could they charge him with? Stupidity isn't illegal.

I guess they could hit him with vandalism or trespassing but how much does that add to the possible sentence?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

"We the jury find the defendant... Not guilty... Roll Tide."

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

This guy should probably be hoping for prison. To echo an earlier point, this guy's probably safer there than out on the streets now. I'm figuring there's some projectiles getting tossed through his windows over the next few days---rocks, bricks, maybe even a shotgun shell.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Are we sure Al wasn't working for the Maples?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The chemical he used is tightly regulated, so he could be facing charges based on that.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Isn't there something called "environmental terrorism?"

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

When does he go on display at Wal-Mart?

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

How about kicking Auburn to the East and moving Vandy to the West to break up the Iron Bowl, for good.

Crazed Auburn fan I know told me today the game wasn't played for 40 years because of the problems with the fans and even he said it was time for a change.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Umm, no.

USCe maybe, but not Vandy.

The division's hard enough as it is.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The series was halted from 1907-47 over a number of things, including how much they'd pay players for per diem and who would choose the officials. I don't think "crazed fans" had much to do with it.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

slappy,

LexisNexis search for anything about Toomer's Corner being rolled after Bear's death turned up no hits. I've heard stories that it happened after he retired, but the only toilet paper in the trees after he died were bits and pieces left from the rolling after Auburn's win in the Tangerine Bowl against Boston College. That also seems like a stretch, giving he died in late January, more than a month after that game.

What's the story here?

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Looks like the guy from Entourage.

Draft saved Draft deleted