1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ONLY in high school baseball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I remember someone writing about that rule to explain why Bugs Bunny's last out in the game he played by himself against a full team shouldn't have counted. He took a taxi out of the stadium to the Empire State Building, took the elevator to the roof, shimmied up the flagpole and once on top, he threw the glove, catching the ball. Then the Statue of Liberty started talking shit. I miss Merrie Melodies.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You have to name the ump to make it a story. Umps LOVE that.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Someone really had to explain why all that Bugs Bunny stuff was against the rules?

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There's nothing in the rule book that says an elephant can't play!

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Agrees wholeheartedly.

6. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

You really can't strike out the side on one pitch?

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I went home and double checked the NFHS rule book. Three bases on a fair batted ball that touches detached player equipment or an illegal glove or mitt.

The OP makes it seem as though the ball was foul. But I guess it could've ended up in foul territory after passing the base fair.

I'd like a clarification.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bugs HAD to be doctoring the ball to get that kind of movement on his breaking pitches.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And yet there is a rule against midgets. I smell a lawsuit!

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Check out what I had last night. Girls high school softball....2 very good teams. I am in field. 2 runners on. Girl hits a 3 run home run. Batter misses home. Home plate ump, who happens to be a former coach, TELLS the batter, "you missed home....go back and touch it".......get the third out.....first base coach, who I have been good friends with for 30 years, comes out and says "I was on my way out to appeal it!".....oops. Nada to do at this point.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You only cover Bugs Bunny when he throws his glove at a fly ball from the top of the Empire State Building.

12. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

He makes a baseball move like I make a Mike Scott (TM) Wiffleball move. If there is ever a SportsJournalists.com Wiffleball league or get-together I want the mound. Give me the start. I will shut the hitters down.

Draft saved Draft deleted