1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only in Gwinnett County Ga. -- they don't like Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Danny Noonan, May 29, 2007.

1. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Having once covered the Atl. Falcons years back and knowing this area well, people in this county never have enough to worry about, it seems.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070529/ap_on_re_us/potter_protest

2. The wand chooses the wingnut.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Looking at a picture of the mom in question, I've realized something. The smaller the lips, the more tight-assed the person. I know it's not scientific by any means, but it's just something I've noticed over the years.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think you're being elitist. Even wingnuts deserve their day in court.

On second thought, no they don't.

5. boots

boots New Member

She is a vet who has done this before. There are other in Gwinnett County like her. Too many to count I'm afraid.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I find it sad that people have so little faith in their children.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

She might not realize it now, but she's fortunate that she's losing this case. Because if she wants people to find God again, had she won, the next step would have been taking out any books that pertain to Christianity.

Just a stupid argument by this woman.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Never mind that what this woman wants goes directly against a portion of the Constitution.

And like Kyle's mom in the early days of South Park, she's spending so much time fighting Harry Potter you have to wonder if anyone is home fighting for the kids.

Guess not.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Fixed.

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

[quote author=The lady we're talking about]
    "I have a dream that God will be welcomed back in our schools again," Mallory said. "I think we need him."
    [/quote]

Killed her own fuckin' argument.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Killed her own fuckin' argument.
    [/quote]

People like her don't get that. If you could ever get them to be truly honest, they will never be happy until their faith becomes the national religion and this nation's laws are based upon it. Anybody of a different faith can either get out or keep their religious ideas to themselves.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

On the plus side, at least they can read Harry Potter in Gwinnett.

Go out into rural GA and I suppose any protest would be about whether or not to show the movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted