1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online traffic schools

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Jul 25, 2008.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I need to take a course. There seem to be a million web sites. Any suggestions or ones to avoid? Any other stories about your online traffic school experience?

FYI, I live in California, but it seems like most schools operate for all states.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I took one not too long ago. It was through NTSI and was pretty straightforward. You have to block out about five or six hours because of the setup. The way they do it is they give you like 20 minutes per section and you are not able to finish a section before the time limit. It sucks because the reading takes like five minutes and then you have to wait for the time limit. A word of caution is that they will have questions at the top of the page and if you don't answer them quickly the program kicks you out and you might have trouble getting back in. MIne took two tickets off my record, so it was worth it.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Miles better than sitting in a classroom listening to 18 yr olds tell you they still believe that you don't need to wear seatbelts because there's that chance you might drive into the water and be stuck because of the seatbelt.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

It's going to be the longest, most boring 4 and a half hours of your life.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Here's one I've used in california
    http://trafficschool4less.com

Seems as painless and cheap as any other.

Helpful hint from someone who has used online traffic school too much:
    Each web page has a bunch of information. That info will be the basis for your chapter test. You are not allowed to click forward for a certain amount of time (four or five minutes).

So, open a Word document. Then copy and paste the info into the word doc. As you are working/browsing on other things, click to the new page every 5 minutes. Do not read any of it - its a waste of time.

When you arrive at your chapter test, answer the questions you can. If you need help, browse your chapter that you've pasted on your Word doc. Use the "find" feature based on the key word in the question. Answer accordingly.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

When you paid your fine, the cashier is supposed to give you a sheet listing all of the approved online traffic schools. It varies county by county in Cali, although there probably are many that are approved throughout.

They're all the same, really. It's a bit of a time-suck, but if you have the test-taking and reasoning skills of a ferret, you'll be alright. When I've done it, I've answered questions, then taken a nap. It's great to do during NAPSCAR, actually.

Draft saved Draft deleted