1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online college/university

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

I've been doing a lot of research lately into online studying, along with building a portfolio for prior learning assessment and recognition.

Now I'm looking for some input into what schools are particularly good for facilitating this AND offer degrees that mean something in the real world/are worth the paper on which they're printed.

Can anyone offer any good suggestions? Canadian schools, American schools, it makes no difference to me.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

A degree's a degree's a degree, IMO. I don't think your future employment is going to be hindered no matter where you get it from.

That said, <a href="http://www.umuc.edu/">University of Maryland-University College</a> seems to be one of the leaders down here in online and continuing education. They have quite a selection of online programs.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Doc, I just spat water all over my keyboard. Thanks.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My brother got his master's in education from Phoenix University and hasn't had any problems finding jobs.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Your mom goes to college.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Damn you John! My keyboard can't take this kind of soaking.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

JJ, try Alberta's Athabasca University.

Draft saved Draft deleted