1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of those stories you only hear on sportstalk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Aug 23, 2016.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Do they have the "You are looking LIVE" NFL previews on the local show like they did on national? I'd definitely listen to the Friday podcast if that's the case.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'll check on friday.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I've fallen out of the habit of listening to Czabe but he really should be on PGA Tour Radio or the Golf Channel.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. poindexter

6. poindexter

I've listened to czabe and andy pollin for the last couple weeks. If I played a drinking game to take a drink every time Andy makes a reference to something at least forty years ago, I'd be in rehab by now.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not sure. Might give it a shot and see how they do, especially early on when they're sorting through all of the Van Haggar and Coy and Vance Duke jokes, but Czabe's vacation days were usually a tough listen. If there's #MoreSolly and less Linn, it could be pretty good.

8. poindexter

I like solly and I like Murray well enough. From your link, it sounds like Linn is running the show. He can't put a coherent thought out there. In the last couple of months, when czabe's feed would go out, Linn could do nothing but vamp to fill dead air. Oh well, the Gow media people get paid big bucks. they must know something I don't.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If this was a subject in the old Czabe bit "Great, meh, suck", I'd give it a "meh." Like Batman said, I couldn't listen to these guys when Czabe was out. He was the glue.

Of course, I'm guessing SB Nation thinks this will pull back the majority of Czabe fans without the price tag of a Czabe.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I listened when Czabe was out, but I knew he was coming back. I'll give it a try, but I have serious doubts. I also want to hear of Czabe addresses it on the local show today.

11. poindexter

When I'd pull up a podcast, and hear Linn stammering in the first few seconds because Czabe was out, it was an instant turn off for me.

I heard the GinSol experience in I think August when Czabe and Linn were out. I'd listen to that in a pinch.

Draft saved Draft deleted