1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of the greatest interviews in the history of the world

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2009/10/john_mayer_threatens_to_sodomi.html

Did searches for "mayer" and nothing came up, so on with the forcible sodomy.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He keeps making shitbag albums like his last one, and he won't find many people laughing.

But I think Mayer is smart enough to realize that album stunk, and he'll admit as much in a year or so.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Loved this exchange

What do you think about health care? Would you take the public option?
    Have you ever heard me play guitar? I'm really fucking good. You know what I'm bad at? Answering questions about public health care. This is not in my wheelhouse. Do you have any questions about music? I almost got a mad need to lighten up. You need to lighten up, because the questions you asked me were all troublemaking questions. If someone gave me the Nobel Peace Prize, and I didn't deserve it, I would just shut my mouth and enjoy the hell out of it.

Which I'm sure he's doing.
    What's he going to do, send it back? It's like I'm getting a wrongful bulge in my pants and everyone's thinking I've got a nine-inch cock. I'm not going to argue with them, I'm going to let them think I have a nine-inch cock.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Good player.
    Not a fan of his music.

5. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

That was bizarre.

And on what planet is John Mayer a "world-renowned blues legend?"

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The planet where coffee house music passes for the blues?

W.C. Handy spins in the grave.

7. fishhack2009

Of all the genres you could put Mayer's stuff in ... blues doesn't make the Top 10 for me. Poor confused interviewer must have thought they were talking to Jonny Lang.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It was a funny interview. Couldn't tell if the interviewer was just flummoxed and running down a list or goading Mayer for fun.

He seemed to get into it, though.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Well, dude was candid. Kudos for that at least.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Speaking of John Mayer, he really classes it up in the Playboy interview this month.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b166523_john_mayer_jessica_simpson_was_sexual.html

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

12. fishhack2009

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted