1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of the coldest Februarys in recent years

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Mar 8, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

How's that global warming thing going?

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/cag3/na.html

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

How's that ignorance thing going, Hondo?

Why don't you read something, you know, scientific on the subject? You could start here:

http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Climate_Change/Science/IPCC/

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

http://www.sej.org/resource/index18.htm

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Preceeding one of the coldest Februarys was one of the warmest Dec. and Januarys.

Also...um...oh, forget it. This subject is so played out and boring.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I love how the anti-global warming crowd crows any time the temp falls below a certain mark, then points at it feverishly saying, "See! See! I told you!"

Hondo, quick question...

When the last ice age hit, did it just suddenly appear one day or was it a gradual process, with ebbs and flows?

Man, why am I even asking you? You're not going to answer.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This seems like a good place to ask. I saw a 1960s volkswagen beetle painted like a tie-dyed shirt this morning. What's with the world being taken over by colorful, custom-painted volkswagen beetles?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Stay away from the brown acid, Ragu. :)

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How is that any different than the pro global warming crowd citing any above-normal day as their proof?

The thing is, if global warming was real, there wouldn't be any of these "coldest Februarys in recent years."

And, again, I ask this: how did we come out of the last ice age without man-made global warming? Could it be that the earh's current warming cycle would be happening even if we weren't here, as it did numerous times before?

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Enough about global warming.

What do we think about Hillary, affirmative action, Iraq, the death penalty, abortion and Jason Whitlock?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Screw the grandkids. I'm cold now...

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Scoop Jackson is better than them all? I dunno.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Christ, we're just about to have fun and Old Tony shows up with more of his nonsense.

Oh, and Tony, the "pro global warming crowd" compromises pretty much every reputable scientist in the world. Well, of course, not the Danes or the Swedes who are out to destroy the American economy.

Go read something credible for a change.

Draft saved Draft deleted