1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One More Time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 28, 2009.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Used to work at T-Bell back in college. This was back when they still had items like the Taco Bell Grande taco, a "supersized" taco shell equivalent to the size of about two regular hard-shell tacos.

Tostadas always were a good choice. They were a pain in the ass to make, though. Had to scrape the bean putty knife across the face of the flat shell as you held it in your hand, and it was real easy to get scalding hot beans on your hand. Pain!

For my money, the Meximelt was always one of my favorites. I think they still sell it, although the chili-cheese burrito (aka the "chilito") is long gone, as is the bean burrito with the green sauce. All good stuff, especially after a night of drinking.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like Joe Jackson, too. If you had asked me 25 years ago if his songs would be used to peddle Taco Bell, I would have checked to see if your straight jacket straps were still tight.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Meximelt is still there, although it is essentially the same thing as a beef combo burrito minus onions (I think).

Yeah, the green sauce is gone, but I've seen the enchirito as recent as a year ago and they offer green sauce with that, so I think you can make it happen as long as you don't confuse the drive through guy.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

this thread is giving me the runs.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Maybe you should have more fiber in your diet.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I've heard more food-preparation horror stories involving Taco Bell than any other fast food chain. One in my hometown had a bug and rodent problem that was so bad, the only way they could solve it was to knock the place down. Although maybe not as bad as this infamous Greenwich Village location. No wonder the parent company is called Yum!

Enjoy your gordita!

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Your Youtube videos will not ruin any food establishment for me. I'm sure there are dirty restaurants everywhere, including Taco Bell. I'm not going to stop eating because of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted