1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

one more thing....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shockey, Feb 1, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

thanks to lisa olson for coming on here, (partially) straightening out her resignation from the daily news. very good of her to exonerate leon carter, who has unfairly taken many hits here, as sherrydarling pointed out.

that said, what spoke volumes was lisa did not also exonerate lupica. the best nickname put on mikey was assigned to him by another daily news columnist shortly after the yanks traded for randy johnson.

the columnist then began referring to mikey as, "the little unit."

priceless. ;D ;D ;D

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

heh, heh .... he said "unit"... uh-huh....

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

A quick note from the other thread:

Just wanted to ask Sock Puppet to show me where I compared Fisher (and no, I'm not him, sorry) to Olson. As you said, it was an amusing anecdote, and that's all it was intended to be. The talk of whether a reporter would quit because of being left off the SB coverage team brought that story to mind.

As for Mr. Fisher's whereabouts, last I heard he was running something called dallasbasketball.com. don't know if he still does radio or any print work.

Draft saved Draft deleted