1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One More Duggar!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 17, 2008.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Women are not dogs and kids are not puppies and why in the hell would they continue to allow this to happen... why doesn't anyone ever consider that maybe, just maybe GOD INVENTED BIRTH CONTROL because he really doesn't want this women to drop dead because her body is basically hollow because she birthed so many babies and oh holy hell these people piss me off.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

17 future mouth-breathers, most likely.

3. KG

KG Active Member

So in the "olden days," when some people used to have 10 or more kids, were they mocked so badly? And by olden days, I don't mean like, because there was no birth control. People have known how not to have kids since at least back when that dude in the bible pulled out when he was supposed to be making a baby. By olden days, I'm referring to the old farming days and years it took to build this country.

4. I Digress

I Digress Guest

My dad was one of 10 siblings...for one thing, people used to have more children because so many didn't grow up. Having said that, it's really impossible to take the cultural mores of today and try to apply them backwards.. or to take those from the past and apply them forwards... if you think that woman, who has been pregnant for 12 years, has any kind of life of her own, you're crazy. For me, it just makes her an incubator or nest hen or something. If that man cared about her, he'd put on a raincoat, have a vasectomy or just stay the hell off her.

5. KG

KG Active Member

If the children are happy, safe and in a loving home, I say do whatever they want. But one thing that comes to mind is that they need to stop before too long. Just because she can still get pregnant, doesn't mean she should. I'd be concerned about will I live long enough to see the youngest through high school age or college.

What religion are they? Do they not believe in birth control? I know some religions don't because of the story I mentioned with the dude pulling out. But that wasn't meant to tell us birth control is bad. He was specifically told to make a baby and disobeyed orders.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's the number of kids that's the big issue for the Duggers. It's how they parade them in matching clothes, and how the missus seems so Stepford.

7. KG

KG Active Member

Don't get me wrong, I think it's weird to have so many kids, but aren't they debt free? I don't even have any kids and I can't manage that.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Stay classy.

And KG, in the world that Fenian and Beaker inhabit, people having more children than they deem acceptable is grounds for mockery and ridicule. Is it odd that Mom and Dad Duggar have procreated close to an entire football team? Yes. But of all the fucked-up things that go on in the world, especially regarding parents, I'm not sure why some people are obsessed with this family. As long as the kids are fed, clothed and not mistreated, who cares? Guess some people make themselves feel better by looking down on others.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And yesterday there was a thread about the family that named their kids Adolf and Aryannation.

And there's a thread about the dad who made his son wear a sandwich board.

But, somehow, the Lone Wolf hasn't turned those into evidence of his utter oppression, yet.

Yet, fuckers.

Ahhh-Whoooooooooo!

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Surely they're doing OK with the TLC money and whatever else they get in endorsements.

And somewhere a family with 16 kids is really pissed.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Those NJ Nazis are obviously fucked up. Just because a family has a bunch of kids doesn't make them bad. Are you comparing the Duggars' pro-creation efficiency to some PWT who named their kids after Nazis? Are those equivalent in you book?

Running sayings into the ground is bad enough, but now you have to turn to Dickens for your material? Weak.

Draft saved Draft deleted