1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Hit Wonders: Acting Division

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 21, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Bud Cort played the male version of God in Dogma.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, she was with Adam Horowitz for awhile...

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Dennis Christopher was in "Charriots of Fire," as the American sprinter Charlie Paddock, I believe. Minor role.

And Stephen Furst was in "St. Elsewhere," as reported. I still remember when he found the complaining old lady (Mrs. Hoffstein or something like that) dead because her adjustable bed had folded up on her and suffocated her.

How about Ferris Buehler's girlfriend? Saw her on a Law & Order several years ago.

And "Ed" from Northern Exposure. He was on an episode of "NYPD Blue" several years ago but I haven't seen much of him.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I believe he was nominated for an Academy Award this year -- seriously. I can't remember the category.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That would have been true until "Little Children" came out and he was nominated for an Oscar... I think he's in Will Ferrell's hoops movie that comes out next year...

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I remember that very well too. Her name was Mrs. Hufnagel.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Jake Lloyd in Phantom Menace.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Indeed, Jackie Earle Haley was nominated for his role as a pedophile the movie "Little Children." I think it was a supporting actor nod.

Ferris Bueller's girlfriend was Mia Sara, who was also in 'Legend' with Tom Cruise the year before FBDO.

My nomination goes to Alex Winter of 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure' fame. Bill S. Preston Esq. went to be a director, but didn't do much acting after BATEA.

EDIT: Somehow, I knew you'd beat me to it, Mizzou.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Damn, Mrs. Hufnagel. Thanks, Huggy. That was one great show, with some tremendous actors; Denzel Washington, Helen Hunt, Mark Harmon, William Daniels, Boomer, etc.

Never saw much of "Hoover" or "Boone" after Animal House. Hoover was in a commercial for something but it escapes me.

Even Tom Hulce, who was great in "Amadeus" and "Parenthood" seems to have faded into oblivion.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How is he a wonder? Little bastard, along with Jar Jar Binks, pretty much ruined the movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted