1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Once"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Jul 23, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Anybody else seen this? I can't recommend it highly enough. Heartfelt, real, completely non-formulaic, and the music is phenomenal. I love films where I feel like I'm watching real people, and you have no idea where it's going. There need to be a lot more movies like this -- I'd be happy with at least 10 for every "Spider-Man 3."

Rotten Tomatoes page (97 percent):
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/once/

Trailer:

Anyway, if it's in your town, you should check it out.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Fantastic Pearl Jam song. I have not heard of the film. I may have to check this out.

3. Saw it Friday night at the Angelika Film Center in Dallas.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. The girlfriend and I celebrated our four-month anniversary on Wednesday and planned on seeing this after dinner ... turned out that the theater was closed for a private event so we had to wait.

It was definitely worth the wait. One of the most "real" movies I've ever seen. Easily the best movie I've seen all year, and I doubt one will surpass it. My girlfriend already owns the soundtrack.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

5. ArnoldBabar

I did a search before creating the topic, but there are some times the search function just can't help you ...

Given the title of the other thread, I will not accept a d_b designation on this one. :)

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I saw it and was really impressed. The female lead might be my pick for chick no one else thinks is hot but I find really hot (her or Hulk Hogan's wife). Dig the songs and the story. But halfway through it seemed like this might have been a long video and showcase for the singers. Caution: don't go in expecting to be blown away and you'll enjoy discovering it a lot more.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

8. ArnoldBabar

Again, sorry for not combing every post in every thread for any mention of the film first. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted