1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On the verge of Canadian tennis history

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'm sure I am one of the few actually watching this, but Canadian Milos Raonic has pushed Andy Roddick to a third set. The first two sets went to tie breakers, the second one ended at 12-10 Raonic. Not a lot of long rallies just two guys with world class serves going back and forth, they've both only been broken once each. If Raonic can finish off Roddick for his second straight tournament title (Roddick looks tired/hurt) this will be the biggest win in Canadian tennis history. Minimal appeal maybe, but thought it deserved at least some recognition here.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Both hold serve to start third set.
    1-1 Roddick serving.

Oh yeah this is the Regions Morgan Keegan championships in Memphis. Roddick in his 50th tournament final and going for 30th career title.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Roddick turning into a bitch again over a close call on a serve. He still won the game. what a dick.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Roddick just broke Raonic to go up 3-1 in the third set.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

History slipping away. Roddick mows through his serve to go up 4-1. Raonic getting frustrated for first time today.

6. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Beef, doesn't the word "history" imply that something has happened before today?

I kid, of course. Keep the updates coming. I actually checked the TV listings, now that Blackhawks/Penguins is over, but we don't have it on the dial.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Raonic fights back from 15-40 to hold serve.

4-2 Roddick

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Raonic breaks back. Wow. 4-3 Roddick. Back on serve.

HB, it's my day off, what do you want? :D

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Unbelievable. All tied up. Raonic was dead in the water at 4-1. Now 4-4.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Roddick stops the bleeding with quick service. Now 5-4.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Roddick, please stop tugging at your crotch after every point. Can't tell if you got jock itch or are telling the ump to go F#ck himself.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Raonic still serving at 144 mph.

Draft saved Draft deleted