1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

on the road with twins reliever pat neshek

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, Jul 25, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

http://eteamz.active.com/PatNeshek/

this is a pretty cool web site that the twins rookie runs. looks like he's a serious autograph collector. it's sort of a blog, but not really because it doesn't allow comments on each post. unlike a lot of athlete pages, it's clearly written by neshek himself and not a flunky or ghost writer.

i'm not saying it's pulitzer winning material or that it'll put patrick reusse out of business, but it does contain a not-too-subtle rip of sid hartman in the first post which is a plus. i just think it's interesting to read someone's first-hand account of life as a professional baseball player.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks for stopping by, Pat!!! :D

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If that's site's legit I can't imagine the unholy amounts of shit this kid is taking from the rest of the team.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

the site is legit. he's been writing it since he was in the minors. maybe he'll stop it once one of the twin cities papers does a notebook item on it and he gets enough shit, but - and i know all sports writers will think i'm a fanboy loser when i say this and therefore be positive that i'm wrong - it's a cool thing from a fan standpoint. fans like when players communicate directly. the guy even lists who he receives letters from and what they requested he autograph. neshek is obviously a dork but proud of it. the baseball bloggers (yeah yeah i know say what you want but there are a lot of people who only read the blogs and what blogs link to) talk about neshek's site all the time so that's how i heard about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted