1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On second thought . . .maybe Favre wants to HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

This likely will not happen.

But if it did, it would be hilarious to watch poor Packer fans try to reconcile it.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-favre4apr04,1,260934.story

2. and now, the starting quarterback for your Chicagoooooo Bears...Brett Favre!!!

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I wonder if this is a case where the agent was the unnamed source, then quoted in the same story. It just seems awkward to point that the agent is sending out feelers, only to have him interject by saying that Favre is retired.

Well, someone's right, someone's wrong. Which is it?

4. fixed

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If true, I can reconcile it just fine as a Packer fan.

If it's true that he's that pissed off about not getting Randy Moss, then don't let the door hit him in the ass. Petulance at its worst, especially when the Packers' receiving corps is pretty good as is.

Time to move on.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Never mind the fact that he is helping the Packers salary cap by not filing his retirement papers until June 1...

What would be difficult to understand about this is the best team in the NFL with an unproven QB is the Packers...

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd imagine there's some smoke to the fire. Who would just make this shit up? Not like it broke on a BLOG!!!!!

Not exactly a secret, after all, that he wanted out two or three years ago but was reluctant to soil his legacy by leaving Green Bay and finishing somewhere else. Maybe he can rationalize it by saying he pulled a Jordan...realized after he "retired" that he wasn't done yet.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You mean he didn't retire to play touch football with his buddies while wearing Wrangler jeans and a tee shirt with the No. 4 on it!?!

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

There is no Santa Claus, Inky.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Don't really want to toot my own horn, but I kind of feel like it anyway. From Rotoworld, via others:

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

What do you want, a fucking lollipop? :D :D :D

I did find it interesting that the writer outed his source. Guess Gus Cook won't be feeding Sam Farmer any more tidbits.

Draft saved Draft deleted