1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On hats ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by AreaMan, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ballcap, turned around, almost always. But the NMMI baseball cap I have, I've bent and wethered the bill so well that I wear it the regular way pulled down over my eyes.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I wear a beanie, red and yellow, with a propeller on top.

3. I have two trilbys (a short-brim fedora) that I wear in the winter. One is a brown corduroy and the other is a gray wool in a houndstooth pattern (but not that obnoxiously loud white-black houndstooth pattern). There's another guy in the newsroom (a true New Yorker) who wears one in winter as well. Of course, it helps pull off the look as long as you wear a nice shirt and tie, and the style of hat I wear is still pretty casual.

I got mine cheap at this site: http://www.villagehatshop.com

Here are my hats:
    http://www.villagehatshop.com/jaxon_c-crown_stingy_corduroy_fedora.html

http://www.villagehatshop.com/jaxon_rex_herringbone.html

And, no, I don't put my press card in the hat band. That's doucery in the first degree these days.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I have a head sized anywhere from 7 5/8 to 8, depending on the hat. I don't clean up that well, but I've thought about a fedora to go with my one suit. I don't think it'd flatter me, though; I'd probably look like a gangster. Or Michael Moore dressing up as a gangster to make some sort of anti-Bush statement. Seriously, I've had a half-dozen people tell me I look like Michael Moore. At least nobody says I look like a white Big Daddy V.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My god, were you irradiated like a character in some 1950s horror movie?
    Are you some kind of comic book super villain?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I need a 7 7/8 at least, too.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"The Dude" has gone into sports writing?? :eek: :eek:

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

[​IMG]

Or a hat that has a PULL card in it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My former reporter actually jokingly talked about getting a fedora and putting "PRESS" on it. He also asked me one time if it'd help if he got a tape recorder.

Made my day.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The Fedora, ca. 2007

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I sure hope so!! I love the fashion from the 50's early 60's....those folks were sharp

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

a guy at my work was wearing one of those 2 months ago........He had his propelller hat, with his old school skateboard......

I work for a computer company and its full of engineering geeks. 2 of my co-workers were on the original MIT poker team that they based the book on....smart dudes.

Draft saved Draft deleted