1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On ESPN Classic Now; Game 7; 2003 ALCS; BOS @ NYY

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I agree. It's kind of like when I suffered through the 1995 ALDS. As much as it sucked to watch the Yankees blow it in the playoffs, it set some glorious things into motion.

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It's kind of like a movie in that sense. A lot of bad shit happens and then the ending is pretty glorious. But man did that homer kill me for a few weeks.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I was watching the game with my little brother, a big Sox fan, and he was pissing me off so I proclaimed Boone was going to hit a home run when he came up to bat just to shut him up. When Boone did, I started cheering wildly. He, on the other hand, started crying like a little girl.

Oh, and it was great to buy that "Still We Believe" Red Sox DVD just to watch all the Red Sox fans agonize over it.

Good times.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

5. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Either/or. I hate to quote Bill Simmons, but his line about "somewhere out there, there's an 8-year-old wondering if the Yankees will win a World Series in his lifetime" always made me chuckle.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Poor Yankee fan. :'(

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I thought nobody cared about the Yankees and Red Sox.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Who said that?

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Oh what a night, and not because of the ballgame.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You have to feel for those poor bastards, crying themselves to sleep on their 26 World Series trophies. :'(

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You're a jerk.

:D

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

And another thing -- after the past decade, nobody in Boston gets to complain about anything, ever, for the rest of their lives.

Draft saved Draft deleted