1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On DVD -- Major League: Wild Thing Edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

A must have for Indians fans especially. Picked it up for $10 at Best Buy last night.
    The extras include
    -- a "making of" feature with current interviews with Sheen, Beringer, Haysbert, Bernsen, Uecker and the writers;
    -- a very Indian-heavy feature about what the movie means to current players (seen: Sizemore, A. Boone, J. Michaels, Tom Hamilton, Rick Manning);
    -- a feature on Eucker, including some stuff they shot that didn't make it into the film (some really funny stuff);
    -- an alternate ending where Mrs. Phelps admits that the whole thing was a put-up (being a bitch was the only way to motivate the team to win).

Best $10 I've spent in a while.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sorry, his bad.
    Bob Euchre

4. Killick

Danmed dyslexia.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nah, it's Ukerr

6. Killick

Hey, I got it right once. Just transposed on the second ref. Cut me some slack. Heroin's a helluva drug.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I don't even know her.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

this always bugs me. i've always thought the line that follows that is much funnier. he says, 'juuust a bit outside. tried the corner and missed.' that part is so great.

10. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

How can guys lay off pitches this close?

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I got it as well, even though I had the other edition on DVD. The extras are worth the 10 bucks if you love the movie, like I do.

And thank god they decided against using that alternate ending. Yuck. But there should have been a Eucker outtake reel in there somewhere.. just 10 minutes of him riffing off the cuff. Shit, I'd pay 10 bucks just for that.

Draft saved Draft deleted