1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olympics 2012, in Londontown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Tarmoh reconsidering today's runoff, claming she earned third place fair and square.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-tarmoh-may-reconsider-093323586--oly.html

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I regard the four Olympics I was lucky enough to cover as the professional highlight of my former career and as personal highlights of my life in general. I know many many U.S. sports fans dislike the Olympics. I feel very sorry for them.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I know many many U.S. sports fans dislike the Olympics.

They do?

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I've never heard a single person say they dislike the Olympics. They'll say they hate synchronized swimming, rhythmic gymnastics, or table tennis, but not the overall event.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

U.S. counters with a 9.7 guy (Gay, assuming he's back in shape), a 9.80 guy (Gatlin), Bailey (PR 9.88) and Rodgers (PR 9.85). Or Patton, who might be the smoothest relay curve runner/handoff man on earth and still went 9.96 last week even at his advanced age.

With that team against Bolt (best of 9.76 this year), Blake (9.75), Powell (9.85 this year) and Frater (9.94), I'm expecting a very competitive race. Bolt hasn't been Bolt this year. I don't think the Jamaicans are going to run away with this unless the Americans drop the stick. It ought to be fun.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I love the Olympics.

Felt very sad for both Luikin and Sacramone.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I had never seen an elite gymnast literally fall flat on her face like that before. It hurt just watching it. I was amazed and impressed she was able to shake the cobwebs away enough to finish the routine.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Runoff between Jeneba Tarmoh and Allyson Felix is off. Tarmoh concedes the third spot in the 100 to Felix.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That ended with a whimper. Sad.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No eight-gold repeat for Phelps. He's dropping the 200 free and will be in seven events.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Agreed. I kept this in mind when doing a story on a local Olympian who comes from a poor background: Don't tell the story NBC will tell, take it further.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

USA Track and Field should consider it a victory if they just get through the prelims without dropping the stick.

Draft saved Draft deleted