1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olympians returning from London to southern California

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by bbb1978, Aug 5, 2012.

1. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

Hello,
    I'm a freelance reporter with 10 years experience, including several articles written on Summer Olympians, who can cover any local Summer Olympians from the 2012 London Games. I am based out of north Orange County, I am willing to travel up to about 30-40 miles but otherwise could do phone interviews.
    I could take photos w/ my digital camera, blog, Tweet, whatever you need. I'd need a little help as to where/when these Olympians may be available or located after they get back from London.

I work p/t 8:30-4:30 Mon-Fridays, so I'd be a bit limited but can turn around a story in less than 48-72 hours, given enough notice.

Swimmers, water polo players, gymnasts, soccer players, volleyball, a ton of them are from southern California or at least went to college in SoCal. Let me know if you're interested by e-mailing me, Bruce Bourquin, at:
    bobi78@juno.com

2. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

Bump. Seriously, with all these Olympic stories in the news worldwide? Nothing? Crickets chirping?

There's a ton of Californians and I'm willing to travel to L.A., O.C., there are plenty of athletes in Volleyball, like Misty May Treanor in beach VB, water sports like swimming and water polo, track and field stars like Allyson Felix, who was part of a world record-breaking 4x100-meter relay team, plus a couple of women's gymnasts, including McKayla Maroney, who won a silver in vault and had that oh-so-infamous scowl after she was disappointed in not winning the gold medal.

Wow...tough crowd...

3. Dawgpound17

Dawgpound17 Member

I've never put anything out here for the simple reason: If no one asks for it it's not worth it to put it out there. Never get upset if you don't get a reply...better yet if you're throwing the line out there it shouldn't tug and if it does just take it but don't hang your hat on it.

Also I might add (this being me) what the experience is in. Even though its stringer work your offering still would be good to know what work you've done in those 10 years.

Just my .02 c/

Draft saved Draft deleted