1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oliver Stone: Say hello to my little documentary sympathtic to Hitler and Stalin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/celebrity/Oliver-Stone-Hitler-and-Stalin-Werent-So-Bad-99228899.html

Also, the only reason the Holocaust gets so much attention is the darn yids who control the media!

Platoon remains one of the most overrated films of all time, btw.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

They were OK at first, but they went too far.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hey wait a minute, this is The Producers in real life!

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No. His PEOPLE fought the German war machine more than any other nation.

Deaths? Much closer to 40 million deaths than 20 million. What other group of people had to deal with the wrath of BOTH of these monsters?

His army was completely unprepared for the Nazi invasion, which he kept denying was even occuring right up until the bombs started falling.

His starved to death one-quarter of the Ukraine.

Hitler starved to death 1.5 million during the 900-day Siege of Leningrad, arguably the most underrated tragedy in human history (in the West, anyway). When the siege was finally lifted, many of its heroes were exiled or executed by Stalin. Normandy really was a day at the beach compared to this horrific event.

Must leave this thread before my head explodes.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Or your eye pops out of its socket, like in Any Given Sunday.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As long as there's a paragraph of unnecessary expository voiceover at the end that explains everything we just saw, it'll be fine.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Wasn't Stone's father a jew who fought the Nazis? Must be one of them self-hating jews.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oliver Stone, president of the Noam Chomsky Fan Club: "The United States is always wrong, 100.00000 percent of the time."

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Count Oliver Stone and Marge Schott in the "Hitler just got bad press" club.

And I can agree on reasons the Germans were ripe to get into WWII. Just don't see the need to round up an exterminate Jews, gays, gypsies, etc.

Guess, poor ol' Adolf just couldn't do anything to stop it.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I actually feel that way about his movies.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No, it gets narrowly edged out for that honor by another Stone flick, Natural Born Killers.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think you are confusing "overrated" with "unwatchable."

Draft saved Draft deleted