1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oldie but a goodie....(match is struck, fire is lit)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well, you have to say Bush is a complete muppet.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Pall, the source material was political, and with heavy references to Bush and Iraq. What exactly has your Hanes in a bunch about this?

3. pallister

pallister Guest

That's the best you can do, GB-H?

BTW, you may be a newbie, but you'll fit in perfectly around here. The only requisite is that you toe the SportsJournalists.com party line and you'll be welcomed with open arms. Around here, you could be a mass puppy killer in your spare time, but as long as your politics pass muster, no big deal.

I don't really think you kill puppies.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

You'll probably stop reading tripe like that directed toward you in about a week or two, GB. The connies on here LOOOOOOOOOOOVE playing the poor minority victim. They get to pretend they're put upon like all the poor people they hate, but minus all the inconveniences like worrying about money and not having opportunities to advance in life.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Man, the bar's raised pretty high around here, but that's some dumb shit. Nice hate couched in self-righteousness. We may all be guilty of a little self-righteousness, but you're a pro.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I agree with Mert here Pally. You start up a discussion on what can/should be done, and I offer responses, including one that says Bush was right to go after the terrorists.

You then go onto say that going into Iraq was part of the big picture of fighting the war on terror. I call you on it, stating the fact that the terrorists came to us after the invasion. You set up an opportunity for a gag, I follow through. I am therby a fully-fledged lefty Bush-basher, no matter what I have actually posted in the last hour. I mean seriously, we can have a discussion here, back-and-forth and whatnot, and simply because I think one of your opinions is way off base, it makes me fit right in with the rest of the liberals.

I may be new around here, but don't lump me in with anyone except for myself. That's not the way I operate, and neither should you.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Pall, I appreciate the fact that you're not a troll like such SportsJournalists.com righties as Yawn, who clearly have no other way of existing on the board other than starting what they know will be arguments and then throwing out some vitriol. But give me a break, here. At no point in the entire thread di you display any willingness to listen to anyone but yourself and Yawn, all the while accusing liberals of not allowing for debate and other ideas. I mean, seriously, how do you not see that?

8. pallister

pallister Guest

An sj. com liberal accusing me of not wanting to listen to the other side. That's rich. Do you not see that? I don't think anyone around here can be accused of being overly open-minded. The eventual tone of these threads puts everyone in partisan defense mode, for the most part. I think we can agree on that.

GB-H,
    You're taking this way too seriously.

Anyway, I got a movie to watch. Carry on without me.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Oh, so this isn't a serious discussion?

Very well.

CHARMION_PUSSYEATEN_COCKDIAN

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Pall, I listen to the other side. I enjoy reading the opinions of many of the righties on here. Yawn is not one of them. Yawn is a complete asshole. A dumbass. A moron of the highest order. And I'm quite confident that I would think that if he were espousing pro-gay marriage opinions and criticizing the war. He starts this shit to start shit and piss people off, and it's just ridiculous. Lumping yourself in with him at all is just a bad idea, I don't care what political ideas you two share.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

As I said, you'll fit in perfect around here. Nothing impresses the cool kids like a copycat. Keep on being your own person. :)

Mert,
    I'm not lumping myself in with Yawn, you are. That's typical around here.

I know why he starts these threads. That's why I don't go back and forth with him. That's why my post that got this discussion started was not directed at him. If I do agree with him, what's the use. If I don't, I know the act; it's not limited to conservatives.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So, Pally, why do you think the Iraq invasion was part of the big picture?

Or should I keep not taking this seriously?

Draft saved Draft deleted