1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Old baseball writing friend ailing

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I don't mean to invade anyone's privacy, but I wanted to let people know that longtime baseball writer Dick Kaegel is not well.

I do this only so his many friends can send prayers, good thoughts and whatever else might help in his direction.

Dick has been around forever and his current affiliation is with mlb.com in Kansas City.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Very sad. I hope he gets well soon.

3. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

A good man. Get well soon, Mr. Kaegel

4. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Thoughts and prayers are with Dick and Betty. They are great people to say the very least.

(This is Dick's 50th year in sports writing, by the way. He started during his junior year of high school at his hometown paper and took it from there.)

5. espnguy

espnguy Member

I don't mean this to sound callous or nosy, but what is wrong with Dick? He and I used to be good friends when he was at TSN, but kind of lost contact with each other once he went over to MLB.com. I asked someone about him, oh, probably about a year ago, I guess, and that was the last I heard about him. Whatever it is, I hope he pulls through. He's one of the best people I know in the biz.

Draft saved Draft deleted