1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann on Cheney's "new fascism"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

http://www.truthout.org/multimedia.htm

I really am NOT a big Olbermann fan, but this is absolutely incredible stuff.

Sorry for my macular degeneration if this is a d_b.

2. Olbermann has as much credibility for the right as O'Reilly does for the left. A blowhard of a different color.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Cheney is a nazi, don't you think?

4. I can't believe I'm even responding to this post, but -- if Cheney starts sending Jews to the gas chamber, you might have a point. Until then, please don't throw around terms like "Nazi" lightly.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

We've had this discussion several times here. Nothing has changed. Nothing is going to change.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm pretty far from being a Cheney fan. But please, can we put away the nazi comparisons, until at least there's some serious ethnic cleansing going on? At this point anyone on the left calling Bush/Cheney et. al. a nazi, or in reverse or whatever, is just offensive.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If Olbermann is writing that himself — and I don't doubt that he is — he's really got some chops.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I meant "genocidal maniac"... I mistyped.

All apologies.

9. Yes, at ESPN, Olbermann was famous for defending his women colleagues against predatory swine like... Bill O'Reilly.
    I see all the similarities.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Olbermann's an excellent writer. Began his career in print, I believe w/UPI. His writing is also what made him good at ESPN.

11. Suzy Kolber wept

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

BTW: I love the ads on this page. Anti-Bush stickers and support President Bush . . . classic!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted