1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olbermann can retire his "Worst Person in the World" award with this idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Oct 13, 2010.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Hopefully pain and humiliation to the Petkov family

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We all have neighbors we don't like. But there is a long distance between not liking someone and making fun of a family that is going through just about the worst shit imaginable. How anyone could delight in a child's suffering is beyond my comprehension.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I saw this on facebook a few minutes ago and, like Mizzou, as soon as I saw the thread title here, I knew what it was about.

Horrific doesn't even do it justice.

4. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I hope the child is doing okay -- I have hope that she is. It seems like afflicted kids often have the most incredible grace.

5. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

....And it took THIS STORY to realize THAT???? As far as I'm concerned, we have been de-evolving for a LOOOOOONG Time.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah. Angry online newspaper comments. That'll show 'em. They'll surely see the error of their ways now.

Just because the feelings are legitimate doesn't mean that we have to provide a forum for them, especially when they're likely to be profane and repetitive.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What's the problem with that? ;) ;)

8. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Because if the Petkovs wanted their home address out there, they would have put it in the phone book. And, because there's so much anger over this that people might vandalize their house, cars, etc. (not that they wouldn't deserve it, but we don't want to be the conduit.)

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Anything that adds to the humiliation of these scumbags is fine with me.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

But it doesn't. You think they give a shit?

What it does do is sully the newspaper's website.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Stories like this is the reason I latched on to the Chilean miners story this week.

Seeing so many bad people in the world made me relieved that there are a lot of good people who sacrifice and work their ass off to help out fellow man.

Sometimes you have to keep a clear head with so much evil shit around you.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Oh, I forgot.

Most newspapers don't do public service, anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted